From my point of view money and fines won’t save the world and even worse it can’t undo all the damage that they have done and they are still doing because all of those cars that are still working and emitting NOx.
Up to 40 times higher NOx output in real-world driving. An estimated eleven million cars worldwide, produced between model years 2009 and 2015.
To find out if your vehicle is affected and has a motor EA189 you should consider:
– Using a motor 1.6 TDI with a power between 75 and 105 CV or a 2.0 TDI between 84 and 180 CV
Those are the following 43 models:
– Audi: A1, A3, A4 (family B8), A5, A6, Q3, Q5, TT
– Seat: Alhambra, Exeo, Ibiza, León, Toledo, Altea y Altea XL
– Skoda: Fabia, Octavia, Superb, Rapid, Rapid Spaceback, Yeti, Scout, Roomster
– Volkswagen: Golf, Golf Cabrio, Polo, Touran, Passat, Caddy, Scirocco, Passat CC/CC, Eos, Tiguan, Jetta, Multivan/Transporter/Caravelle/California (all from generation T5), Sharan, Amarok, Beetle, Crafter.
So my big questions are: Can we trust big corporations and governments? Do they really care about us?